LAUNCHING A CAPITAL CAMPAIGN
John Muir Health Foundation plays a key role in building financial, political and volunteer support for John Muir Health System, a major regional healthcare system in Northern California. However, community awareness of the Foundation’s mission as the major philanthropic arm for this community resource was minimal. As the Foundation launched the biggest capital campaign in the history of John Muir Health, they sought to “make the case” for expansion and win media recognition and community support.
Harden Partners worked with the Foundation to craft messages, develop stories and create media and speaking opportunities to spotlight the Foundation, its projects and its volunteer and donor base. Highlights included:
- Launching the capital campaign by positioning the Foundation as the key philanthropic arm for the award-winning health system.
- Developing and placing a series of philanthropic profiles and human-interest stories to penetrate “micro-markets” across the region.
- Maximizing all media opportunities to promote the Foundation’s events and their capital campaign milestones.
- Positioning the Foundation’s board and volunteers as ambassadors to inspire support.
- Extensive and ongoing favorable coverage about the Foundation, the capital campaign and its people. News coverage included major dailies and key local community newspapers.
- Site tours for key influencers, including Chambers of Commerce, service clubs and government officials, and speaking engagements before community organizations.
- Increased community awareness of the Foundation, its mission and its role in the John Muir Health expansion and renovation projects.